Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tracing Knowledge to the Heart

Tracing Knowledge Acquisition to the Heart

Trudging through the wintry morning from bus to office brought me an new insight.

In a given situation,
"Knowing the question I want to ask" is a higher value and quest for me,

Than,

"Knowing what question to ask".


This is led to me find out what it takes to ask the Right Question for me.
Which has turned out to be a five step model of personal organization.

Personal Organization:

5 Knowing What I Want To Ask assumes Prior Planning
4 Planning assumes Prior Thought & Mission Decision.
3 Mission Deciding assumes There is something I care about
2 Something I care about assumes I have something in my heart
1 What is in my Heart is who I am.

Therefore,

As Questions are the key to Getting New Knowledge,
Then the Questions I want to ask are the key to Getting the New Knowledge I Want.
...... and that's the Knowledge My Heart beats for.
And Yes, My Heart Beats for Knowledge,

and Asking the Right Questions at the Right Time is best way I've found to get that knowledge.
But to Design & be prepared with the Right Questions requires a persistent cycle of research and reflection (like Design Thinking) .


Let me flip this track to try the relevance to Knowledge in Business Organization:


1 The CEO's Vision are who you are: Your Heart
2 Your Heart reflects your Core Values
3 Core Values inform Mission
4 Mission Statement informs Planning
5 Planning informs Objectives (which are the Questions The Business Wants to Ask)
6 The Resulting Experience from Asking Your Questions Amounts to Knowledge

And that knowledge is directly relevant to your heart.


So the right question for me came from knowing that I value asking questions that matter to me.
This is the knowledge I got out of that question. (Imagine the traveler in the wide woodland pictured below as the question seeker).

That works for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment